Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

La Bolom research center 7/10

I'm with a Mayan artisan that was selling bracelets and necklaces that were made totally from beautiful dried beans. I bought a few so I asked if I could take my picture with him.
The entry way of the center was paved with the bottoms of wine and beer bottles. Very interesting and resourceful.
This is the photo journalist that provided the lectures on Mayan textiles, Mexican migration, and zapatismo. The woman with Janet is a Chamula woman that is a photo journalist in her own right. It was surprising to see her pull out her camera and start taking picture of us!

oops! posted this picture twice!

1 comment:

Busy Bees said...

Looks like you are having a great trip. I have been to Mexico twice and have so many memories. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!
BusyBees